3 Easy Ways To Become Spiritual
The Answer Is Not In The Books
No matter how knowledgeable and solid the understanding is, no matter how sophisticated the diagnosis is, the long yet incomplete stories of our lives obstruct our journey to fulfilment.
Better you do it NOW, you do it YOURSELF.
Problems cannot be approached from the outside, you’ll have to someday confront your inside!
Psychology is simply not the answer.
So, what is the one Absolute irreducible answer to all our problems?
Knowing YOUR TRUE SELF is the solution to all problems, but to get to this solution has to do away with everything.
So, how to become more spiritual without being religious.
1. Slow down
Look for making your internal environment conducive rather than trying to change your external environment.
Be really interested in seeking answers, knowing the truth, understanding “ Who You Are?”
2. Take up Self-Enquiry
Do not discuss your spiritual inclinations with friends and family if they are not supportive enough, as it will add to your conditioning.
Practice in Silence.
Walk barefoot on the grass early morning or late at night, and feel the sensations in your feet.
Reduce Social Media influence.
3. Reduce Minds Narratives.
Look for a single fact while observing, do not listen to multiple storylines.
Be neutral in your Spiritual Quest. Do not associate it with religions and rituals.
Find three to four straight hours in a day to dive deep into spirituality. This includes but is not limited to :
- You can start with the Headspace app if that helps to calm your mind.
- Sufi Songs do help.
- Indian classical music esp. musical instruments like Veena and Sitar magically deepen our spiritual inclination and calm us.
- Sit down in any comfortable position, better with a backrest. Do not worry about the posture.
- Silent meditations.
- TRY Being in an eased up Thoughtless state.
- Practice detailed Self-enquiry- Observing compulsions, habits, emotional triggers, fears etc.
- Mirror Meditations
- Journal Writing ( Insights that comes to you from within)
- Studying Genuine Spiritual Teachings and taking notes.
- Listening to authentic spiritual teachers who speak the most to you and the teachings that align with your journey.
- Note down important teachings. Elaborate it in terms of your own life path.
Commit to continuing this aware presence throughout your daily activities. This is the most crucial way.
Remember Spirituality is not a goal or a concept. Do not measure it along the same lines as other mind-made concepts.
Do not give up. Sometimes we need to actively participate in the experiences that reinforce conditioning to filter out the truth from the mess.
All we need is our Hearts True Desire to know.
Once you allow your heart desires to speak through Silence, life will effortlessly reveal the truth to you.
Continue on this journey till “Being” becomes your effortless nature, and “Human” becomes a role that you have to play.